Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

I spent most of my morning (way too much time) making myself come up with a $70 order on a particular website that I would not ordinarily patronize. I have had a gift certificate for nearly a year that I had won, but every time I spent a few minutes browsing, I have walked away uninterested. I didn't want to waste a $70 win, but these items were overpriced and not appealing to me. Today I decided to deal with it once and for all. After looking at all the merchandise and finding $70 worth of "stuff", I hopped over to RetailMeNot to find a code for free shipping. I ended up throwing one more thing in my cart to avoid paying the shipping on my free stuff. This win was a lot of work on the receiving end. I don't even remember what I originally entered for, but I guarantee it was not for the $70 gift certificate.

Sometimes getting a different prize works out pretty well. Several years ago, I entered almost every day to win a $20 gift card to Fazoli's. I think that was 3rd prize, and it would have been a great prize, but I didn't win that. I won the GRAND PRIZE of a trip for 2 to Iceland AND a $2000 Perry Ellis wardrobe. What a shock! It was truly the trip of a lifetime. My tip for the day is that you need to check out ALL the prizes listed for a particular sweepstakes. You might be aiming for one, but realize that you might just win a different one!

My mom always had the perfect gift for me once I hit the teenage years. She would just keep giving me money! I can almost hear her saying what she said over and over: "It's just the right color!" My sweepstakes for the day will be the perfect color if you win it, and you won't have to worry about getting a different prize. Go to BlogHer and tell what makes Dad special. Happy Sweeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment