Thursday, August 5, 2010

Smaller Sweeps

While I have mostly directed you to some higher value prizes, there is a category of sweepstakes that I highly recommend for beginning sweepers. Blog sweeps are great because with a smaller pool of entries, an entrant has a higher chance of winning. Often the prizes are small but interesting to the blog's readership. Sometimes the prizes are items the blogger owns and wants to share, and other times they are given by companies to advertise their product to a group of likeminded readers. Those prizes can be large at times. Most of the time blog sweepstakes entries are simple: comment on the blog. It is common to also allow additional entries for "following" the blog, "friending" on Facebook, "tweeting" on Twitter, etc. As always, it is important to follow the rules. I find it interesting sometimes to read what other people have written for their entries, and many times I see entries that do not qualify for one reason or another. I can only imagine what the blog owner sees. My tip of the day is about the additional entries. Be sure that if you are entering for additional entries that you write separate comments. For example, comment once for your initial entry and send it. Start a new note for your second entry and send it. Each entry needs its own comment, almost as if you were putting slips of paper into a drawing box. One (or however many) entry will be chosen as the winner, and you want as many "slips of paper in the box" as the rules allow.

My sweepstakes of the day will give me another entry in a blog sweeps. I have been following lots of blogs this summer as I have been learning about couponing. One such blog is Passionate Penny Pincher. Today she offered a set of coupons for her readers and I am passing that opportunity to win on to you. Happy Sweeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment